Twelve concepts have been qualified for the final stage of the fifth edition of the Government Innovation Competition (Fikra).
Over the last two days, 40 concepts were evaluated. Participants presented their proposals to four committees comprising of experts and specialists. Each team was allocated three minutes to present in front of their designated committee.
After the committees of experts and specialists convened, twelve concepts were selected for the final stage of the Fikra competition. The selected concepts were:
1. Mashatil by Hamad Ali Abdulla Isa, Shaikh Mohammed Hamad Mohamed Abdulla Al Khalifa, and Hessa Barakat Abdulla Al Binali, from the Ministry of Interior.
2. Legislation Laboratory by Abdulaziz Abdulla Rashed Abdulla AlMoawdah, from the Legislation and Legal Opinion Commission
3. Knowledge Sharing Platform (Daribni) by Abeer Ali Muftah Jawharm, from the Ministry of Information Affairs.
4. Ambassadors at Large by Fatima Abdulla Faris Aldhaen, from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
5. 360 Educator Evaluation by Noora Ebrahim Rashed Aljawder, Shaikha Sanad Ebrahim Sanad Ali Alfadhala, Mohamed Abdulnabi Salman Alawainati, and Lateefa Khalid Juma Ebrahim Juma Aldoy, from the Ministry of Education.
6. National Statistics Repository by Dr. Onas Mirza Habib Mahmood from government hospitals and Dr. Ameen Abdulkarim Abdulredha Alsaati, from the Supreme Council of Health.
7. Circular Bahrain: A circular economy initiative to enable industrial symbiosis and the transformation of waste into value-add, by Sayed Ali Majed Jasim Alawi Kadhem, from the Prime Minister’s Office.
8. Memory of Bahrain by Dr. Yousif Mohammed Ismail, from the Ministry of Information Affairs.
9. National Fastrack Service Platform by Reem Ahmed Mohamed AlMusalam, from the Survey and Land Registration Bureau (SLRB.)
10. Motorcycle Ambulance (The Fast Responder) by Fayez Bassam Shamikh Fayez AlShamikh, from the Bahrain Defence Force.
11. Green Plastic by Saeed Yusuf Ali Mohamed Swar, and Sadiq Salah Hasan Rahma, from the Supreme Council for Environment.
12. The Maintenance Apprentice by Dr. Nuha Jamal Mohamed Alzayani, from the University of Bahrain.
The concepts that qualify for the final stage of the competition will be presented to a jury comprising of a group of ministers, who will select the most successful ideas and announce the winner of the “Public Vote”.
Fikra aims to enrich a culture of innovation in the public sector and strengthen government services to meet the needs of Bahrain’s citizens and residents.
Source: Bahrain News Agency